Verify out http://www.lynda.com/minuteearth for ten days of no cost online classes.
Please aid us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/minuteearth
Thanks also to our Patreon patrons:
– Nasser Hamed Alminji
– Jeff Straathof
– Maarten Bremer
– Emil Kampp
– These days I Located Out
– Nicholas Buckendorf
– Antoine Coeur
MinuteEarth gives an energetic and entertaining look at of developments in earth’s surroundings – in just a number of minutes!
Subscribe to see all our new videos! http://goo.gl/EpIDGd
Established by Henry Reich
With the MinuteEarth group: Alex Reich, Peter Reich, Emily Elert, Ever Salazar, Kate Yoshida, and Henry Reich. Audio by Nathaniel Schroeder: http://www.soundcloud.com/drschroeder
And stick to us on Vessel: https://www.vessel.com/exhibits/6891774506155638
And YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/consumer/minuteearth?sub_affirmation=one
And come across us on itunes: https://goo.gl/sfwS6n
Also, say howdy on:
Want to study extra about the topic in this week’s online video? In this article are some important text/phrases to get your googling begun:
– Condensation – the process of water molecules glomming with each other into seen droplets
– Condensation nuclei – small stable particles that water vapor condenses on to (also known as aerosols)
– Homogenous condensation – condensation without any form of condensation nuclei
– Dew position – the temperature under which water vapor starts off to condense into droplets
– Heterogenous condensation – condensation that transpires with the enable of condensation nuclei
– Essential Embryo – a cluster of water molecules huge enough to effortlessly get extra molecules
– Cloud chamber – a cool detail to check out out if you want to build a particle detector at home (it requires pumping a bunch of water vapor into pure air when a particle passes via, it leaves a streak of ionized water molecules that, in super-saturated air, can act as condensation nuclei!)
Knupp, K. Area Thermodynamics and Nucleation of Water Droplets and Ice Crystals. Lecture Notes. Retrieved March 2015 from: http://vortex.nsstc.uah.edu/mips/staff/kevin/thermo/Chap-9-surfacethermo.pdf
McDonald, JE (1962) Homogenous Nucleation of Vapor Condensation. I. Thermodynamic Aspects. Institute of Atmospheric Physics, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.
McDonald, JE (1962) Homogenous Nucleation of Vapor Condensation. II. Kinetic Aspects. Institute of Atmospheric Physics, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.
Dewdrops – David Saddler