Check out out http://www.lynda.com/minuteearth for 10 days of cost-free on the internet classes.
You should aid us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/minuteearth
Many thanks also to our Patreon patrons:
– Nasser Hamed Alminji
– Jeff Straathof
– Maarten Bremer
– Emil Kampp
– Right now I Identified Out
– Nicholas Buckendorf
– Antoine Coeur
MinuteEarth presents an energetic and entertaining watch of trends in earth’s natural environment – in just a number of minutes!
Subscribe to see all our new video clips! http://goo.gl/EpIDGd
Established by Henry Reich
With the MinuteEarth staff: Alex Reich, Peter Reich, Emily Elert, Ever Salazar, Kate Yoshida, and Henry Reich. Audio by Nathaniel Schroeder: http://www.soundcloud.com/drschroeder
And abide by us on Vessel: https://www.vessel.com/exhibits/6891774506155638
And YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/minuteearth?sub_confirmation=one
And find us on itunes: https://goo.gl/sfwS6n
Also, say hello on:
Want to find out far more about the topic in this week’s movie? Here are some essential terms/phrases to get your googling started off:
– Condensation – the approach of water molecules glomming with each other into obvious droplets
– Condensation nuclei – small good particles that water vapor condenses onto (also referred to as aerosols)
– Homogenous condensation – condensation with no any form of condensation nuclei
– Dew point – the temperature below which water vapor starts off to condense into droplets
– Heterogenous condensation – condensation that occurs with the support of condensation nuclei
– Critical Embryo – a cluster of water molecules major sufficient to conveniently obtain far more molecules
– Cloud chamber – a great issue to verify out if you want to create a particle detector at house (it consists of pumping a bunch of water vapor into pure air when a particle passes by, it leaves a streak of ionized water molecules that, in tremendous-saturated air, can act as condensation nuclei!)
Knupp, K. Floor Thermodynamics and Nucleation of Drinking water Droplets and Ice Crystals. Lecture Notes. Retrieved March 2015 from: http://vortex.nsstc.uah.edu/mips/staff/kevin/thermo/Chap-nine-surfacethermo.pdf
McDonald, JE (1962) Homogenous Nucleation of Vapor Condensation. I. Thermodynamic Facets. Institute of Atmospheric Physics, The College of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.
McDonald, JE (1962) Homogenous Nucleation of Vapor Condensation. II. Kinetic Facets. Institute of Atmospheric Physics, The College of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.
Dewdrops – David Saddler